Monday, December 15, 2008

a wee bit of craftiness...








I used to sew a lot. I even made maternity clothes with my first pregnancy. I also used to cross-stitch in the hallways of USC, as I waited between my college classes. Funny how time changes things.
Along comes a girl...a very cute one, for whom sewing rears its head and says "Hhhhmmm, I could MAKE that, even cheaper, even cuter!" Sewing for a girl is fun. And so are fabrics, they're like pieces of scrapbook paper- I just collect them, I love every swatch I see and I'm always wondering, "What could I make with that?..."
So I find myself occasionally giving in to the machine's call, and Friday I even tried my hand at applique for the first time. I was rather impressed with myself- and my machine.
I'm going to put star buttons on the tops of the trees (you did know that they were trees, right??). I'm also going to be in a lot of trouble, because when Ms. Margaret, my other (awesome seamstress) mother sees this, I have a feeling she's going to make me answer the call of the machine more often. (But I'll never sew as beautifully or as talented as she...NEVER.)
My wee bit of craftiness for today.

1 comment:

Polka Dot Moon said...

Hello there,
found you thru another blog :)
The outfit is adorable!!! I only wish I could sew a straight line....
Enjoy your day!
Denise