This is our house...the third house we've actually owned. We bought our first house right after we got our first jobs and had our first baby. Nine years and three children later we decided we wanted more space and less traffic, so we built our second house. Our "dream" house, our final house. Two years later we decided to not only escape the traffic that had enveloped us again, but to also sell our house in order to finance a 30 day trip across the country in an RV with our three children. (Yes, just like the movie...I should probably blog that story sometime...) We then decided to move closer to downtown and school (since we seem to spend so much time there) and we bought a 1964 brick ranch house. It's the smallest of the three, but there are SO many things I love about it...
* crawl space
* my pink (with original pink toilet and sink) and lilac tiled bathrooms
* our huge yard, front and back
* REAL grass that actually is rooted in the ground and grows
* two car garage that the cars will actually FIT in
* NO community organization taking your money and telling you that you can't have a basketball goal and they don't want to see your swingset or trampoline over the fence...no joke.
* my pocket door between the kitchen and dining room
* the front door, original to the house
Of course there are things that our old house needs right now...new windows, new a/c unit, new roof, paint paint and more paint, etc etc... but I must say, I enjoy a work-in-progress! I like having "projects" to do. What else are two teachers supposed to do in the summer? (coach sal would disagree)
Maybe I'll show some other rooms...until then, I leave you with this:
"Our house it has a crowd
There's always something happening
And it's usually quite loud
Our mum she's so house-proud
Nothing ever slows her down
And a mess is not allowed"
Well...messes may not be "allowed", but they sure do happen! That's why I'll have to show you other rooms later.