Friday, October 24, 2008

...it rains and rains...

It's been raining here all day; a steady, quiet, drenching rain...

I can't help but think of the song Flood by Jars of Clay on days when it rains like this.

As my body was drenched today with physical rain, so was my heart with the rainsong of those whose burdens are made lighter because their peace is so great, their faith so strong...their blogs I read each day.

Please pray...pray...pray. Our God is an awesome God.

Rain, rain on my face...
Hasn't stopped raining for days...
My world is a flood...
Slowly I become one with the mud...
But if I can't swim after forty days,
And my mind is crushed by the thrashing waves,
Lift me up so high that I can not fall...
Lift me up - when I'm falling...
Lift me up - I'm weak and I'm dying...
Lift me up - I need you to hold me...
Lift me up - Keep me from drowning again...

1 comment:

bekster said...

One time I was on a road trip, riding in a large van on a very straight and long road, going past nothing but fields and fields. We were listening to that song when we saw a rainbow (no joke), and after a while we actually drove THROUGH the rainbow until we were on the other side of it, like it was an archway over the road. That was one of those "woah!" moments, especially since we were listening to that particular song at the time.