Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Bloggin about my bum...

Now isn't this a great way to start the New Year? :o)

Today I went shopping for pants. Pants are a REAL issue for me...and for every other woman in America, I'm sure. It seems like designers and manufacturers must all be male, because I have the hardest time finding pants that fit my hips and thighs (wide) and also my waist (narrow). They ALWAYS are too big in the waist. (And I am too frugal to pay someone to tailor, although Stacy and Clinton keep telling me I MUST. So I may.) No one seems to *get* it. I'm shaped like a pear.

Ok- I'm gonna brag. (Sorry. It's part of the story here.) Since May of 2007, I have lost almost 20 lbs and about 2 sizes. SO- just so you know, ladies- it's STILL hard to find pants that fit! Size doesn't always matter. I'm still shaped like a pear.

And jeans are actually easier to shop for. Probably because most jeans have a little *give* and stretch, so I can go a bit smaller to get them to fit in the waist, knowing they will stretch out the in the thighs and hips.

So today I was in Banana Republic. I had a gift card. I normally do not shop here, simply because I am frugal and just can't bring myself to pay $60 for a pair of pants (nor can I afford to). But today I discovered that EXPENSIVE PANTS FIT! Ok, maybe you knew this- but I was VERY EXCITED. And also frustrated. Because now I'm spoiled- I will definitely be shopping here more, and paying more for pants. But, my job requires that I wear *nice* clothes, so I guess I'll just have to...*sigh*...

And by the way- my pants were $24 and $17! Not too bad- sales are a good thing.

Thank you, BR, you must hire someone who knows how to dress a woman. Anyone know where else I should shop??

What's this post got to do with my bum? Three to four miles 3-4 days a week on the elliptical can make your bum look goooooooooooooood in pants that fit...;o)

No comments: