Sunday, April 13, 2008

Simplify two...

From zenhabits...

"Evaluate your commitments. Look at everything you’ve got going on in your life. Everything, from work to home to civic to kids’ activities to hobbies to side businesses to other projects. Think about which of these really gives you value, which ones you love doing. Which of these are in line with the 4-5 most important things you listed above? Drop those that aren’t in line with those things."

In other words- LIGHTEN UP! Get rid of something.

This one is hard. It makes us feel guilty. Read this zenarticle to help you evaluate.

So I'm looking for one thing- just one- that doesn't *fit* with my values. My first thought is about how much time I spend online. I think I need to stop reading so many blogs. Not only do I read everyone's on my sidebar, but I have a whole LIST of photography blogs I go to...EVERYday. (And I decided that the internet can complicate my life).

SO- I will eliminate HALF of the photography blogs I visit. Deleted from my favorites. I will try to visit only ONE a day from the list of the rest of them.

I don't need to look at everyone else's photos of their life. I need to spend time taking pictures of my own.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

but, my blog will stay in your favorites right? right! :) Just kidding. I know about the blog thing..its bad..bad.