Monday, September 28, 2009

moms rock...


my mom's high school senior picture

today is my mom's birthday. so this post is a hApPy BiRtHdAy shout-out to her.


being a mom myself, i have learned a lot about how truly great my mom is. everybody has the bestest mom ever. that's just how God is, He's cool like that.


my mom does everything for everybody. we have to make her do things for herself. her gift is to give and encourage and listen. she likes to see you smile.


now that i have my own children i realize how much i probably tore my mom up and drove her crazy as a kid. she probably worried herself to death about me. sorry, mom.


and i now realize that even when you do all that stuff that drives mom nuts, she (and only she, dads don't quite think like this) may want to just shake you silly but she looks at you and remembers your sweet-little-soft-baby-like-self and sighs because that's how she'll always see you. and she loves you silly instead.


me, as my sweet-little-soft-baby-like-self



thanks, mom. i love you so much.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Wow. I never realized how much Mary looked like you.

Kelli said...

Mothers are so precious. Being one reveals so much about yourself. Hope your mom has a very special day. You were a cutie as a baby. Still are!!

Cryssy said...

You DO have the bestest mom ever!! We love her and will terribly miss her!!! Happy Birthday Mrs. Brenda!!!