Tuesday, August 7, 2007

all about me...

I've seen this done on a lot of blogs, and I must say that Mary finally inspired me to try...it's 10pm and I'm not really tired, so here it goes (I'll let you know how long this took at the end)...

1. My favorite color is PINK.

2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE flamingos.

3. I got a pair of flamingo flip flops today.

4. I own (too) many pairs of black shoes.

5. I watch Stacy and Clinton on Fridays.

6. I used to spiral perm my hair in high school.

7. I would hang my head upside down off my top bunk bed and let my hair air dry for hours.

8. I was married 17 years ago August 4.

9. Larry was my first and only date.

10. I've never been kissed by anyone else but Larry.

11. As a mom, I wanted four boys.

12. When the ultrasound tech told me Mary E was a girl, I didn't believe her.

13. I used to bite my nails, so now they really won't grow well.

14. I was a very anxious child.

15. I knew I wanted to be a teacher in 3rd grade.

16. I didn't like to go to school. I cried every morning through middle school.

17. I danced and sang in show choir in high school, High School Musical style. No joke.

18. I always wanted to be a mom. I loved my doll babies as a child.

19. I asked God to make one of my favorite dolls real. I promised Him I would take good care of it. He finally answered my prayer when Mary E was born, weighing in at 6lbs- my real live baby doll.

20. I loved being pregnant. I was a good pregnant person.

21. Mary E was two weeks early. I knew she was our last. I cried as I folded and put away my maternity clothes because I felt "cheated" out of my last two weeks pregnant.

22. I sew. I used to cross-stitch.

23. I drove my dad's pickup to high school each day, with a tag on it that said, "Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way." I got a lot of grief for that.

24. I am a Disco Queen.

25. I still love the 80s.

26. I listened to Love Shack and U Can't Touch This when I worked out at the gym this morning.

27. I was voted Most Likely To Succeed in high school.

28. I tried out for the cheerleading squad in high school, but didn't make it.

29. I am a people person.

30. I like to talk, and I talk fast.

31. I'm a night owl.

32. I've been told I have nice feet.

33. I had never mown a lawn until just last year.

34. I love the beach. I wish I could live there.

35. I want to own an RV when we retire.

36. My favorite flower is a carnation.

37. I was baptized when I was almost 11.

38. I love chocolate.

39. I tend to be extremely organized.

40. I can handle dirt. I can not handle chaos.

41. I'm not always a good listener. Remember #30?

42. I love old houses.

43. I'm nostalgic.

44. I love to take photos.

45. I have to sleep on the right side of a bed. (if you're looking at it, the right side)

46. I'm not into expensive jewelry. Larry's lucky.

47. I love Bed Head massages at Urban Nirvana.

48. Rubbing my head puts me to sleep.

49. I love staying at a Westin, they have THE BEST beds.

50. I made David and I matching outfits for his first birthday party. They didn't come out so well...

That took me about 25 minutes. Next 50 later. Those last few are making me tired...and can you tell who's reading over my shoulder??

3 comments:

Mary J said...

I LOVE IT!! Flamingos, who knew?!

Lori Fitzgerald said...

I knew all of that, and I'm proud to say I have pictures of many of them...

I would like to remind you that you also ran for Senior Class President - we sat on my back porch, listening to righteous 80s tunes and making campaign posters. Ah, those were the days.

I think I'll make a list...

Anonymous said...

i feel bad for david matching outfits?? hehe i love you ann!
emily