Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...





...FOR REAL!

I purchased a firepit for my birthday present. We recently spent a weekend at PBC (pictures coming soon) where a big bonfire was built each night. It was then that I realized how much I needed to find some way to spend some time relaxing, and this was IT. So I went home and bought a firepit for our backyard.

We invited Tommy and Becky over as our first official "firepit guests" (that sounds weird). We listened to Christmas music, drank hot chocolate, and roasted marshmellows and chestnuts (courtesy of Becky, who is truly the adventurous one). It was a great way to relax and mellow after a VERY stressful week. The company was pleasurable, although the chestnuts left a lot to be desired...but at least the song has some meaning now!

No comments: